Big Mouth Installation Instructions
THE BIG MOUTH COLD AIR INDUCTION SYSTEM WAS DESIGNED TO PROVIDE THE MAXIMUM
AMOUNT OF COLD AIR TO YOUR 86-7 TURBO REGAL. BY MOVING THE AIR FILTER TO THE
FRONT OF THE RADIATOR SUPPORT YOUR ENGINE WILL ALWAYS SEE FRESH COOL AIR AND NO
LONGER WILL HAVE TO BREATH HOT UNDER HOOD AIR. UTILIZING A NEW 9" K&N
AIR FILTER WITH A HUGE 4" OPENING AND 4" DUCT SETUP TO YOUR MAF SENSOR
WILL SUPPLY ALL
THE AIR YOUR TURBO WILL EVER NEED. THIS SYSTEM WAS DESIGNED FOR USE WITH A SOLID
MAF PIPE THAT WAS MADE BY ATR. IF USING ANOTHER MAF PIPE YOU MAY HAVE TO MAKE
ALTERATIONS TO IT. OF COURSE YOU CAN ALSO BUY THE MAF PIPES I MAKE TO ASSURE A
GOOD FIT. I HAVE HAD ONE CUSTOMER WHO USED MY SYSTEM WITH THE STOCK MAF HOSE! LIKE ANY HIGH PERFORMANCE MODIFICATION A CERTAIN AMOUNT OF MECHANICAL
KNOWLEDGE WILL BE HELPFUL. SOME MODIFICATIONS ARE NECESSARY FOR A SUCCESSFUL
INSTALLATION OF THIS PRODUCT WHICH ARE DETAILED IN THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW!
- Raise the front of the car so you can work underneath it where the new
filter will be located. Disconnect the MAT sensor wiring harness and remove
your existing air filter setup up to the MAF sensor. Remove the MAT sensor
itself from the existing location and set aside. The sensor will be
- Unfasten the vapor canister and move aside, this will be reattached in a
different location later on.
- Insert the 90 degree rubber elbow from under the car thru the hole in the driver's side of the radiator
support so it points towards the ground. The metal sleeve already installed
in the elbow is where the filter connects. This is
a tight fit but will work. Be sure to position the clamps so you can reach
them later and make sure they are not rubbing anywhere.
- Next, put the 45 degree elbow into the rubber elbow.
- Slide the 4" to 3" adapter over the other end of the 45 degree elbow and then over
the MAF sensor making sure the hole for the MAT sensor is facing the rear of
the car. Loosely tighten remaining 3 clamps after positioning piping.
- Position K&N filter under the car on the metal sleeve of the rubber elbow, the elbow may
need to be repositioned for clearance by rotating it. Once you have
proper clearance tighten air filter clamp securely.
- Recheck clearances under the hood, the MAF sensor may come close to the
upper radiator hose and you can rectify this by rotating the sensor and/or
cutting approximately 3/4" to 1" off the upper radiator hose after
draining the coolant, of course!
- Thread your MAT sensor into the hole of the 4" to 3" adapter and
reattach the wiring harness to the sensor.
- Next is the relocation of the vapor canister. This coffee can shaped
device needs to be moved over towards the drivers fender about 1" or
so. I found that if you just trim the corners off the two attaching brackets
you can slide it over right against the edge of the circular depression it
sits in. Drill two new holes in the plastic fender well and reattach using
the original screws. This should give you 1/4" to 1/2" clearance
to the coupler of the cold air system.
- VERY IMPORTANT! Retighten all clamps and test drive car. ENJOY!
- If you have any problems with the installation please email me at email@example.com
and I will do my best to help you out.